Before Knowing you the detail Of NCERT Book for the perspective of UPSC EXAM, I would like to give some facts about NCERT BOOKS.
IN 1961, Government Of India setup National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an organisation which publishes subject books for classes 1st to 12th.
Its aim is to,
Improving the quality of school education towards building a society committed to Constitutional values and contemporary concerns.
Working towards bringing out improvement in the quality of teacher education in tune with the emerging demands of the school system.
Providing academic support to Union and State governments on policies and programmes related to all stages of school education.
NCERT council consists of a committee of representatives from various well know universities and colleges who review the information provided in the textbooks in a timely manner whenever the need arises.
Thus, making these books completely authentic and must have for all the aspirants of JEE, NEET and even UPSC CSE.
I personally belief that, if you want to solve any problem or change something, 1st you need to know the background of that problem.
NCERT BOOKS is one of the best resources for the UPSC Aspirants to know the Basics of any subject Not only for UPSC exam but for the other Exam also it is a life source, even i personally realised that NCERT books is one of the finest source which let you the ancient period of any subject to modern era and the biggest advantage is that You can start reading them at any point of time in your life.
For the UPSC preparation, you must go through the following books of NCERT.
History – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 6th – Our Pasts 1
• Class 7th – Our Pasts II
• Class 8th – Our Pasts III – Part 1, Part 2
• Class 9th – India & the Contemporary World 1
• Class 10th – India & the Contemporary World II
• Class 11th – Themes in World History (Specially Focus on Industrial Revolution)
• Class 12th – Themes in Indian History I, Themes in Indian History II, Themes in Indian History III
Geography – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 6th – The Earth : Our Habitat
• Class 7th – Our Environment
• Class 8th – Resources & Development
• Class 9th – Contemporary India 1
• Class 10th – Contemporary India 1I
• Class 11th – Fundamentals of Physical Geography – I, (India) Physical Environment II
• Class 12th – Fundamentals of Human Geography – I, (India) People & Economy II
Economics – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 9th – Economics
• Class 10th – Understanding Economic Development
• Class 11th – Indian Economic Development
• Class 12th – Introductory Microeconomics
• Class 12th – Introductory Macroeconomics, 12th – Supplementary reading material in Economics – Introductory Macroeconomics
Political Science – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 9th – Democratic Politics I
• Class 10th – Democratic Politics II
• Class 11th – Indian Constitution at Work
• Class 11th – Political Theory
• Class 12th – Contemporary World Politics (–8th – Environment & Natural Resources)
• Class 12th – Politics in India Since Independence
Sociology – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 12th – Social Change & Development in India
Culture/Fine Arts – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 11th – An Introduction to Indian Art
Science – Must Read NCERT Books
• Class 9th – Chapter 9: The Living Organisms & their Surroundings
• Class 7th – Chapter 7: Weather, Climate & Adaptations of Animals, Chapter 9: Soil
• Class 8th – Chapter 1: Crop Production & Management, Chapter 5: Coal & Petroleum, Chapter 7: Conservation of Plants & Animals, Chapter 12: Friction, Chapter 18: Pollution of Air & Water
• Class 9th – Chapter 14: Natural Resources
• Class 10th – Chapter 14: Sources of Energy, Chapter 15: Our Environment, Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources
• Class 12th (Biology) – Unit X: Ecology ( Chapter 13 – Organisms & Population, Chapter 14 – Ecosystem, Chapter 15 – Biodiversity & Conservation, Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues)